Warranty Terms & Conditions
- HITACHI (HONG KONG) LIMITED (hereinafter called the “Company”) has an option to provide repair service and replacement of defective parts to the product, for which is under warranty period (warranty period is commenced from the date of purchase) and normal use, while the product is out of order and verified by the Company. The service shall be rendered and considered as appropriate by the Company only. The replaced defective parts shall become the Company’s property.
- The warranty period of compressor for dehumidifier is 5 years. If the compressor is damaged during the 3rd to 5th year and replacement is necessary, only free on the compressor but the costs of inspection, labour, freon charge, other parts and transportation will be paid by customer.
- This warranty does not cover :
- Installation, dismantling, to transport, to disposal, removal or reinstate of any fittings and facilities which impede for repair service, cleaning, dirt removal, disinsection and mould cleaning service.
- Replace, repair or recondition on the cabinet, chassis, panel, power cable, knob, dust filter, filter, water container, drain hose, handle, caster, remote controller, batteries, other accessories, exterior equipment of the product, extension or alteration of piping or power supply.
- Any correction work or repair for the product by reasons of not following the instruction in the installation or operating manual.
- Any damage or loss caused by man-made, misuse, abuse, neglect, excessive erosion or rust, unauthorized repair or modification, normal wear and tear, accidents, natural disasters, or other events beyond Company’s control.
- Product use for non-domestic purpose or for any purpose other than the original designed.
- Model or serial number of the product, content of guarantee card has been altered, effaced or moved.
- If the location or surrounding is impeded and caused the Company cannot conduct inspection or repair service under a safe condition, customer should provide a safe and appropriated facility, such as ladder, working platform or scaffolding; or dismantle and restore the product to the place by customer. Any cost and related application is responsible by customer.
- Onsite service in outlying islands, closed areas and location cannot access by public transport is required longer time to arrange and additional fee will be charged. If those product required workshop repair, or the product is on yacht or boat, customer should be responsible to carry the product to our Service Centre, or deliver to and from the specified location in urban area for rendering of service.
- All articles left unclaimed by the customer within 2 months after notification will be disposed of at our own discretion and the company shall not be liable or responsible to the customer for such articles or for any loss or damaged whatsoever in such event.
- The Company shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, claims, or contingent in connection with any defects, faults or failure of the product.
- This warranty is valid only in Hong Kong and Macau, however, warranty service does not apply to parallel imported products. Any other warranty documents issued by other parties would not be accepted by the Company.
- Guarantee certificate registration must be submitted within 14 days of original purchase. If there is any change of address or telephone no., customer should inform the Company at once.
- While providing service under warranty period, customer must present the original guarantee certificate and purchase invoice to the Company’s verification, otherwise, the service would be on a charge basis and non-refundable.
- In case of any dispute, the Company reserves the right for final judgment and decision.